Web Developer – Office (Kit & Kaboodle)
The role of a web developer covers technical aspects of our projects, helping to steer the strategy for our projects and the company as a whole. Requirements gathering, scoping and time estimates are also essential aspects of the role. Along with an ability to communicate your technical vision to both non-technical team members and clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team
• Prepare and maintain all applications utilising standard development tools
• Managing back-end tasks like database and server integration
• Lead the entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post launch support
• Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale
• Use test driven development and acceptance tests to ensure feature quality
• Interface with customer and internal teams to gather requirements and develop
• Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues
• Coordinate with the project manager and keep well informed of the status of development effort and serves as liaison between staff and project manager
• Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
PHP Developer requirements and qualifications
• Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
• Experience designing, developing and maintaining responsive design websites
• Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
• Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
• Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
• Excellent relational database skills with MySQL
• Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Kohana, CodeIgniter, Zend, etc.)
• Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
• Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
• Knowledge of API’s, such as twitter, Facebook, Google maps, Instagram, etc.