Time to get super healthy with our Superfood Salad! With all those days and nights partying here on our favourite island, your body will need nourishing, healthy food and O Beach Ibiza have exactly what you need. Our chef Luciano has created a really easy dish, available here in our restaurant, a scrumptious salad. In today’s post we are going to share with you the secret of making it, with all the ingredients you need and a step by step guide. Enjoy!
- 100g Quinoa
- 50g Smoked tofu
- 5g Soy sauce
- 15g Cubed celery & carrots
- 15g Cubed fennel bulb
- 35g Cherry tomatoes in halves
- 15g Cubed granny smith apple
- ¼ Avocado
- Juice of ½ lime
- 15g Baby spinach leaves
- 5g Fresh Mint finely chopped
- 5g Cilantro finely chopped
- 10g Roasted pumpkin seeds
- 3g Chia seeds
- 10g Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Fill a medium saucepan with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
- Add in the quinoa (1 cup to ¾ water) and return to the boil. Cover and cook, whilst reducing to a simmer. Wait until all water has been absorbed
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the cooled quinoa, tofu, bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and mint; toss well to combine.
- Whilst you wait whish the lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil and remaining salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pre-cooked “smoked tofu” is firmer than water-packed tofu and comes in a wide variety of flavors. You might also like flavored baked tofu on a sandwich or in a stir-fry.
- Add in the cooled quinoa, tofu, tomatoes, spinach and remaining vegetables. Toss well to combine.
So there you have it, how to make your very own O Beach Ibiza dish at home!