Back to Blog
How To Make The Ocean Beach Superfood Salad
Behind the scenes Ibiza hints & tips Nutrition
Time to get super healthy with our Superfood Salad! With all those days and nights partying here on our favourite island, your body will need nourishing, healthy food and O Beach Ibiza have exactly what you need. Our chef Luciano has created a really easy dish, available here in our restaurant, a scrumptious salad. In today’s post we are going to share with you the secret of making it, with all the ingredients you need and a step by step guide. Enjoy!
- 100g Quinoa
- 50g Smoked tofu
- 5g Soy sauce
- 15g Cubed celery & carrots
- 15g Cubed fennel bulb
- 35g Cherry tomatoes in halves
- 15g Cubed granny smith apple
- ¼ Avocado
- Juice of ½ lime
- 15g Baby spinach leaves
- 5g Fresh Mint finely chopped
- 5g Cilantro finely chopped
- 10g Roasted pumpkin seeds
- 3g Chia seeds
- 10g Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Fill a medium saucepan with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
- Add in the quinoa (1 cup to ¾ water) and return to the boil. Cover and cook, whilst reducing to a simmer. Wait until all water has been absorbed
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the cooled quinoa, tofu, bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and mint; toss well to combine.
- Whilst you wait whish the lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil and remaining salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pre-cooked “smoked tofu” is firmer than water-packed tofu and comes in a wide variety of flavors. You might also like flavored baked tofu on a sandwich or in a stir-fry.
- Add in the cooled quinoa, tofu, tomatoes, spinach and remaining vegetables. Toss well to combine.
So there you have it, how to make your very own O Beach Ibiza dish at home!